Walking Weller

This sidewalk tag brought back childhood memories.  I seem to recall most streets having this feature when I was small (and close to the ground where I would notice).  I wonder if it was a civic sidewalk construction mandate or simply a signature of the construction company who laid many of the sidewalks.  So few are left now I got a memory flash and decided to take a picture.
One of my favourite houses in Peterborough is the Arts and Crafts cottage at the back of the old William Morrow estate.
William George Morrow was a businessman and Mayor of Peterborough, 1910-11.  His will provided funds for the building of City Hall.  He built his home in 1890 on land adjacent to the home of his uncle, George Cox.  There is an old hand water pump in the back garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Carriage Estate

Brick Works

A Cautionary Tale